Saturday, April 20, 2013

Zuni Express......


I am craving some yummy food today...maybe it is the cold rain pouring down that has me craving some comfort food....or maybe it is just running across these photos a few minutes ago of some delicious food we had the last time we were down visiting at Zuni Pueblo...whatever it is, I am hungry!  Not just hungry for yummy food, but hungry to travel....would love to be down at Zuni today shopping for fetishes, pottery, jewelry and kachinas....then taking a break and heading over to our favorite spot for lunch...."Zuni Express"....It is not a fancy restaurant, in fact it is just a convenience store with a few tables to sit at and relax...but their food is scrumptious!  I always go for the Zuni Taco with red and green chile .....in New Mexico, this is called "Christmas" when you order it that way!  Wes likes the green chile smothered cheeseburger!  The gals who take your order are always fun to chat with and most accomodating! Wes and I love eating here and just taking a break from a hectic day of buying. I always say..."next time I am not going to order so much".....as I am always so full after a big Zuni taco!  I also say "next time I am not going to buy so much"....referring to all the fetishes and other artwork that we purchase.....but, I never take my own advice, and if I were able to head down to Zuni today, I would probably order a double Zuni taco and buy every single fetish or piece of pottery that I saw!  That's what make life fun!  Guess I will go and check out my kitchen cupboards and see if anything in them resembles one of these delicious dishes....I think I will probably have to settle for a granola bar...but maybe we have some green  and red chile I can put on top, and then it will at least be a "Christmas" granola bar!   Check out Zuni Express for a yummy bite to eat, next time you are visiting Zuni Pueblo...and tell them Jill sent you!!!!!