Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Attempt at Blogging.....


Well, this is my first attempt at blogging! A friend of mine suggested I start a "blog" several years ago, when they first came about....I told him "no way!"....but here I am, attempting to blog....I guess you could say "better late than never"! Actually my sister Julie got me interested in this whole thing a few months ago, when she started "blogging". She is very much into antiques and nature, and her blog opened a whole new world for her to share her passion with other people from every corner of this earth with the same interests. Shortly after that, our daughter Phyllis and her partner Ellie started a blog to share photos and fun times with family and friends. Ellie is from London, and with their blog, her long distance family is able to keep up with her life here in the states. I must give Phyllis a special "thank you" for having the patience to teach an old dog new tricks! We didn't agree on all photos to use, so I made a few compromises. (Hope that is okay Phyllis?) Although we have been on the Internet for almost 14 years now with our website "Indian Summer", I must admit, I am not computer savvy....just ask my poor webmaster Jeff who puts up with me every time I call out "HELP"! Aren't you proud of me Jeff? I didn't call you away from your wife giving birth to twins or anything!!!!! I actually did this on my own, with a lot of help and encouragement from my daughter.

When we first went on the net with our website, we didn't have the convenience of a shopping cart...were there shopping carts in 1996???....probably, but we did not have one in the beginning. I got to know our customers well, with phone calls and emails made to us inquiring on an item, or calling after they received their purchase, usually to express how elated they were with it! On our blog, we welcome your comments. It can be about our post, or about a purchase that you have made from us, or just about anything you feel you want to say. We receive so many nice emails where many of you have told us you are pleased with our service, or your purchase, and asked if we had a "comments" page....consider this blog your "comment page"! We can learn more about you, and now you know a little bit more about me and my wonderful family. I also hope to share photos with you of some of our fun buying trips, as well as personal trips, as we do love to travel! I will give advance notice of new postings coming up, and show a preview of new things to come! You don't have to have your own blog to make a comment, just hit "comments" and if you have a blog, great...sign in as a blogger and choose to be a follower if you'd like. For those of you who don't blog, as I never did before now....you can sign in anonymously and sign your comment with your first name only if you wish, (or remain anonymous) or you can sign in with just your name, and include a url if you want, but the url is not necessary to be able to sign in using your actual name. Sounds complicated....huh??? I thought so too, but it is so easy, and it is fun! After you hit comments...you are half way there, plus it gives you a chance to see what readers have to say, which is always interesting, plus it can link you to their websites or blogs, if they have one. I hope to hear from you, and I hope you will enjoy our postings.
Thanks for checking out my blog!

Check back in on us soon....we have lots to share!